As a guest, it is easy to make smart environmental choices when you dine with us. We know today's college students want to do the right thing for the planet and we also understand you lead busy lives, so your Sodexo chefs and managers do a lot of the work for you behind the scenes! This commitment was formalized with Sodexo's Better Tomorrow Plan. The Better Tomorrow Plan includes 18 commitments for a brighter future by focusing on four key priorities: health, planet, community and our people. Learn more about the Better Tomorrow Commitments here.
Sodexo has introduced various measures in our operations that serve to preserve and protect the environment, such as :
- We have eliminated plastic straws on campus. Paper straws are available upon request.
- We have eliminated the use of styrofoam to go boxes on campus. Eco-friendly to-go boxes are available upon request.
- We offer reusable silverware and plateware in the Refueling Station at the Student Union and in Resident Dining.
- We have implemented LeanPath, which is a system to track and measure food waste. Using LeanPath allows us to make strategic adjustments to prep and production that prevent food waste from occurring.
- We wrap our deli sandwiches in recycled paper.
- We are a trayless campus, which results in 30,000 gallons of water saved a year.
- We recycle our discarded vegetable oil and reuse it for production of livestock feed.
- Xprss Nap Dispensers save energy and waste. The napkins are made of 100% recycled paper and the dispenser encourages our customers to take (and waste) fewer napkins. Energy is saved because less power is used to recycle paper products than to create them from virgin material
- We recycle the following products: cardboard, glass, aluminum, paper and plastic
- 92% of the chemicals we use are “Green Seal” certified, concentrated or sustainable
- We use Ecolab's APEX dishwashing system, which uses less water than a normal dishwashing system. By using less water, energy and labor, we are supporting our environment and sustainability initiatives